FAQ about Vietnam Visa for foreigners traveling to Vietnam
The following is FAQ about Vietnam Visa for foreigners traveling to Vietnam that you cannot miss out if planning to visit Vietnam.
Going to Vietnam are now become a trend of many travelers, thanks to the beautiful landscape, wonderful nature and delicious food. As a rule, if you want to enter Vietnam, you must have a visa. Below are detailed answer for Frequently Asked Questions that people usually wonder about Vietnam Visa.
Do I need a Visa for Vietnam?
Commonly, citizens from many countries all need a Visa if they want to enter Vietnam. However, nowadays Vietnam publish an exempt list that passport holders from this list can stay in Vietnam within limited days. For a detail, please check carefully the table below to know whether your country is in the list or not before applying.
List Of Countries Exempt From The Visa To Enter Vietnam
In case you are in List Of Countries Exempt, you can stay in Vietnam during the permitted day, but if you want to stay longer, you still need a visa.
Besides, there are two cases that the you can travel to Vietnam without Visa
- APEC business travel card holders are exempt from Vietnam visa for not more than 90 days.
- Travelers to Phu Quoc Island with round trip air ticket and staying on the island for 30 days or less are exempt from having Vietnam visa. A visa is required if going outside the island.
How to get Vietnam Visa?
There are 2 way to get a Visa to Vietnam:
- Applying Visa directly at Embassy: you can apply at the closest Vietnam Embassy and get a stamp on your passport before beginning your travels. This way may take longer time and require you to go to the embassy twice, once to apply and once to pick up your visa.
- Applying Online: this is considered as a fastest and most convenient way. You need to find a trusted visa agent to apply for you. Attention: Visa On Arrival is just available only if you travel to Vietnam by AIR.
What is Vietnam Visa On Arrival?
If in the past, people who don’t have enough time to go to the Embassy or Consulate for a visa issue, they will not have a Vietnam Visa, but now they can have their Vietnam visa online in their leisure time with just a click for application. After filling out an online application form and making a payment for service fee, applicants will get approval letters issued by the Immigration Dept of Vietnam after a few working days. With this letter will, the applicant will be able to get visa stamped upon arrival at any Vietnam international airports they land. This is called Visa on Arrival.
If you are you afraid of having trouble at the airport for stamping visa such as be bothered or made difficulty by airport security or no one assists procedures for visa stamping at the Vietnamese international airports or could be denied visa stamping and rejected for entry, you can use FAST TRACK service with quick support for stamping visa at Vietnam airports. Some extra services are also available when you apply online as CAR PICK UP, BOOKING HOTEL, BOOKING TOUR,…these services can make your trip to Vietnam comfortable and rhythmic.
What is Vietnam Visa Approval Letter?
The Vietnam Visa Approval Letter is a pre-approved application you need before entering Vietnam. After you send us the application form online, our staff will quickly complete the process for you and Approval letter will be sent to you via your email within time you chose.
You just need to print this letter, take it with you and show at Vietnam International Airport when entering Vietnam, you can get your visa stamped simply.
How many kinds of Vietnam Visa on Arrival are there?
Types of visa depend on the length of staying, number of entries and visiting purpose (Tourism, Business, Family/ Friend visit). It can be separate into 6 types: 1 month single/ multiple, 3 months single/ multiple, 6 months multiple and 1 year multiple.
How to apply Visa Vietnam Online?
Only in a couple of minutes, you will complete the process easily. Just follow these 4 simple steps:
- Fill in apply Vietnam Visa form on website with your information such as full name, passport number, date of birth, gender, nationality, date of arrival, type of visa…
- Double check your information to make sure that all are correct, make a payment with a list of payment methods we accept and fill in the secure payment page for our visa service fee.
- Receive approval letter in working hours. We shall automatically process approval letter and give the result back to your contact’s email on the bookings as processing time.
Do I have to be noted anything before applying for a Vietnam Visa Online?
- Before applying for Vietnam visa, you have to make sure that your passport has at least 6 months validity and 2 left blanked pages.
- Vietnam Visa On Arrival is applicable ONLY for those who travel to Vietnam by AIR.
With the approval letter, you can you can get a visa stamp at one of these following international airports:
- Noi Bai International Airport (Hanoi)
- Tan Son Nhat International Airport (Ho Chi Minh City)
- Cat Bi International Airport (Hai Phong City)
- Da Nang International Airport (Da Nang City)
- Cam Ranh International Airport (Nha Trang City)
- Phu Quoc International Airport (Phu Quoc Island – 30 days free visa).
How much do I have to pay in total for Vietnam Visa on arrival?
There are 2 types of fee that you need to pay for a Vietnam Visa On Arrival:
- Service fee: is paid for Visa Agent for their processing your Vietnam visa request after filling full your information to the visa application form. This Visa Agent will representative for visitors/ business men to apply with the Immigration Department to get the visa approval letter in time as your booking. Vietnam visa service fees will depends on the service you choose. Process time is from 1 to 2 working days. In urgent service, you can get visa in 4 to 8 working hours and in rush case, it takes you from 30 minutes to 1 working hour.
- Stamping fee: is ruled by the Immigration Department and rates of stamping fee is publicly promulgate at any legal Governmental website and on the landing visa counter at any international airport. This fee can be paid directly to the Immigration Department ‘s officer at landing visa desk by cash in both USD and VND and receive the red bill for it.
For more information about Vietnam Visa Fee, please refer Vietnam Visa Fees.
How much does Vietnam Visa stamping fee cost?
Because you have to pay in cash (USD or VND is ok), we advise you to prepare stamping fee before you arrive at any Vietnamese International airport. It’s about:
- $25 USD for single entry visa, from 1 to 3 months single entry visa to Vietnam
- $50 USD for less than 6 months multiple entries visa to Vietnam
- $95 USD for 6 months multiple entries visa to less than 1 year multiple entries.
- $135 USD for 1 year multiple entries visa to Vietnam
How long can I get the Vietnam Visa Approval after submitting your service?
Normally, after completing application form and click submit, you will get Approval Letter via provided email with 2 workings day.
Besides that, it takes you 4 to 8 working hours to get this letter in Urgent service, 30 minutes to 1 working hour with Emergency case.
If you apply from 15:00 PM every day from Monday to Friday or on a Saturday, Sunday or holiday, it will be processed the next business day. Extra a stamping fee.
Please kindly refer Emergency Visa Vietnam to know detailed our service and fee.
Which documents I need to show to get Vietnam Visa Stamp at the airport?
You have to prepare these following things so as to get Vietnam Visa Stamp at Vietnam International Airport:
- Your passport
- Printed the approval letter visa
- Filled entry and exit form
- Two passport-sized photos
- Stamping fee for visa (refer Vietnam Visa Fee in number 8).
Can I enter Vietnam earlier than the granted date in my approval letter?
Unluckily, you can not. In this case, you must inform us and then you need to pay the extra fee to process a new Visa with your correct arrival date.
Do not hesitate to call or email us that you want to enter Vietnam earlier, we will support you immediately.
13. Can I enter Vietnam later than the granted date in my approval letter?
You are able to enter Vietnam later than the date which state on your Vietnam visa approval letter, but can not later than the date allowed.
14. How can I extend my visa when I am in Vietnam?
We advise you to extend your Vietnam Visa before it out of date. You can get a visa agency extend Vietnam visa for you or pay a visit to the Vietnam Immigration Office in Vietnam. Their addresses are:
- Vietnam immigration Department In Hanoi city: No. 40A Hang Bai Str., HoanKiem Dist., Ha Noi
- Vietnam immigration Department In Da Nang city: No. 7 Tran Quy Cap Str., Da Nang
- Vietnam immigration Department In Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) city: No. 254 Nguyen Trai Str., Dist.1, Ho Chi Minh City.
15. Can I extend my expired passport in Vietnam?
Yes, you can renew your passport in Vietnam if you have your country Embassy or Consulate in Vietnam or before intending to get Vietnam visa at the airport.
16. When do I need to get Vietnam Visa Renewal?
Renewal Visa means that you are issued a new visa stamp and visa sticker on your passport with the new duration permission. The staying length is valid maximum in 3 months. Moreover the visa renewal fee is higher than the visa extension fee because we have to pay stamping fee and visa sticker fee for you. Visa renewal is ready for someone who:
- Entered Vietnam with visa exemption.
- Has current visa is not correspondent to your staying extending requirement. If you would like to upgrade your current visa from 1 month to 3 month, you have to apply to renew 3 month single entry or 3 month multiple entry.
- If you would like to upgrade your current visa from single entry to multiple entry, you have to apply to renew visa.
- Wish to get multiple entry visa in 1 month and 3 months.
Applying for Vietnam visa on Arrival or Business Vietnam visa no matter where you are with visaonlinevietnam.com!
www.VisaOnlineVietnam.com is operated by VIETNAM VISA SERVICE., Co. LTD VIETNAM with more than 18-years experience in visa service and 20-year in traveling arrangement. This website was set up to offer visa applicants the most convenient but cheapest services that meet the criteria of Quality, Safe and Secure; Reliability, Prompt Responses, Competitive Prices, and Customer-Focused Approach; save your time & money; Money back guarantees for declined applications.
In case there are any question, please do not hesitate to contact us at Hotline: +84 968 18 77 18/ WhatsApp: +84 – 982 879718 or Email: email@example.com/ Fanpage: https://www.facebook.com/visaonlinevietnamcom/.