“Guide to Obtaining a Vietnam Visa on Arrival – Step-by-Step Instructions and Tips
If you are planning a trip to Vietnam, one of the first things you need to consider is how to obtain a visa. Fortunately, the process has become much easier in recent years thanks to the introduction of the Vietnam visa on arrival program. In this article, we will explain everything you need to know about obtaining a Vietnam visa on arrival.
Table of Contents
What is a Vietnam Visa on Arrival?
A Vietnam visa on arrival is a type of visa that allows foreign travelers to enter Vietnam for tourism or business purposes without having to obtain a visa at a Vietnam embassy or consulate before their arrival. Instead, travelers can apply for and receive a visa upon arriving at one of Vietnam’s international airports.
Which Countries are Eligible for Vietnam Visa on Arrival?
The Vietnam visa on arrival program is available to citizens of most countries around the world. Some notable exceptions include:
It’s important to note that while citizens of these countries are not eligible for a Vietnam visa on arrival, they may still be able to obtain a visa through a Vietnamese embassy or consulate in their home country.
How to Apply for Vietnam Visa on Arrival?
To apply for a Vietnam visa on arrival, you will need to follow these steps:
- Go to the official website of Vietnam visa on arrival (https://visaonlinevietnam.com)
- Fill out the online application form with your personal information, passport details, and travel information.
- Pay the visa processing fee online using a credit/debit card or PayPal.
- Receive your visa approval letter via email within 2 working days (or faster if you choose urgent processing).
- Print the visa approval letter and prepare two passport-sized photos, your passport, and cash to pay the visa stamping fee upon arrival.
- Upon arrival at one of Vietnam’s international airports, show your visa approval letter and passport to the immigration officers at the visa on arrival counter.
- Pay the visa stamping fee in cash (US dollars or Vietnamese dong) and get your visa stamped in your passport.
Vietnam Visa on Arrival Fees
There are two types of fees that you will need to pay for a Vietnam visa on arrival:
- Visa processing fee: This is the fee you pay to obtain your visa approval letter online. The fee varies depending on the length of your stay and the number of entries you require (single or multiple).
- Visa stamping fee: This is the fee you pay upon arrival at one of Vietnam’s international airports to get your visa stamped in your passport. The fee is fixed at $25 for a single-entry visa and $50 for a multiple-entry visa.
How Long Does it Take to Process a Vietnam Visa on Arrival?
The processing time for a Vietnam visa on arrival is usually 2 working days or less. However, if you require urgent processing, you can choose to receive your visa approval letter within just a few hours for an additional fee.
Can US Citizens Obtain a Vietnam Visa on Arrival?
Yes, citizens of the United States are eligible for a Vietnam visa on arrival. In fact, many US citizens prefer to obtain their visas through this method as it is simple and convenient.
Do I Need to Have a Return Ticket to Obtain a Vietnam Visa on Arrival?
No, you do not need to have a return ticket to obtain a Vietnam visa on arrival. However, you should have a clear itinerary for your trip and be able to demonstrate that you have enough funds to cover your expenses while in Vietnam.
Can I Obtain a Vietnam Visa on Arrival at a Land Border?
No, the Vietnam visa on arrival program is only available at Vietnam’s international airports. If you plan to enter Vietnam overland from a neighboring country, you will need to obtain a visa through a Vietnamese embassy or consulate before your arrival.
Obtaining a Vietnam visa on arrival is a convenient and straightforward process that can save you time and hassle. By following the steps outlined in this article, you should be able to obtain your visa quickly and easily before your trip to Vietnam.
- How long can I stay with a Vietnam visa on arrival?
- You can stay for up to 30 days with a single-entry visa or up to 90 days with a multiple-entry visa.
- Can I extend my Vietnam visa on arrival?
- Yes, it is possible to extend your Vietnam visa on arrival for an additional fee. However, the extension must be arranged before your initial visa expires.
- Is it safe to apply for a Vietnam visa on arrival online?
- Yes, applying for a Vietnam visa on arrival online is safe and secure as long as you use a reputable website like the official Vietnam visa on arrival website (https://visaonlinevietnam.com).
- Can I enter Vietnam with a visa on arrival at any international airport?
- No, you can onlyenter Vietnam with a visa on arrival at one of the following international airports:
- Noi Bai International Airport (Hanoi)
- Tan Son Nhat International Airport (Ho Chi Minh City)
- Da Nang International Airport (Da Nang)
- Cam Ranh International Airport (Nha Trang)
- Do I need to have a specific travel itinerary to apply for a Vietnam visa on arrival?
- Yes, you will need to provide your travel dates and planned itinerary when you apply for a Vietnam visa on arrival. However, this does not mean that you are locked into those plans and you are free to make changes to your travel itinerary once you arrive in Vietnam.