Vietnam Evisa How to Apply for a Visa Online
Are you planning a trip to Vietnam and wondering how to obtain a visa? In the past, obtaining a Vietnam visa required a visit to the embassy or consulate. However, nowadays, you can apply for a Vietnam visa online with ease. In this article, we’ll guide you through the process of applying for a Vietnam eVisa online and discuss the cost, status, and more.
Table of Contents
Overview Vietnam Evisa
A Vietnam eVisa is an electronic travel authorization granted by the Vietnam Immigration Department that allows foreign citizens to enter and exit Vietnam for a limited period. The process of obtaining a Vietnam eVisa online is entirely digital, meaning applicants don’t need to visit any embassy or consulate physically. This type of visa is suitable for travelers who plan to visit Vietnam for tourism, business, study, visiting relatives, volunteering, or other purposes.
How to Use Vietnam Evisa
Using a Vietnam eVisa is simple and convenient. The eVisa is valid for 30 days from the date of arrival in Vietnam for single entry only. If you plan to stay longer than 30 days or have multiple entries into Vietnam, you will need to apply for a different type of visa.
To use a Vietnam eVisa, you should apply online in advance of your trip. After submitting your application and paying the fee, you will receive an electronic visa via email. Print out the visa and present it to the immigration officer upon arrival at the airport in Vietnam.
Pros and Cons Vietnam Evisa
There are several advantages of using a Vietnam eVisa, such as the convenience of applying online, not needing to visit an embassy or consulate, and the relatively quick processing time. Additionally, you can save time and money on travel expenses associated with visiting an embassy to obtain a visa.
However, there are some disadvantages to consider. For example, a Vietnam eVisa is only valid for 30 days and single entry. Also, the eVisa application process may not be suitable for those who prefer to submit their visa application in person.
Advices Vietnam Evisa
If you plan to visit Vietnam and need a visa, applying for a Vietnam eVisa online is a quick and convenient option. However, ensure that you apply well in advance of your trip to allow for any processing delays. Also, double-check the information provided on your application to avoid any errors or omissions. It’s recommended to keep a copy of your visa with you at all times while in Vietnam.
Vietnam Evisa 90 Days
A Vietnam eVisa is only valid for 30 days from the date of arrival, but there are other types of visas available that allow travelers to stay for up to 90 days. One such visa is the Vietnam Business Visa, which is suitable for travelers visiting Vietnam for business purposes such as attending conferences or meetings.
The cost of a Vietnam Business Visa varies depending on the length of stay and the number of entries required. It’s essential to check the visa expiration date before departing Vietnam, as overstaying can result in fines or even detention.
Vietnam Evisa Processing Time
Processing times for a Vietnam eVisa typically take around three business days. However, this can vary depending on the volume of applications received by the Vietnam Immigration Department. It’s advisable to apply well in advance of your trip to allow for any potential delays. If you require an urgent visa, you can opt for express processing for an additional fee.
Vietnam Evisa Express
Express processing is available for applicants who require their visa urgently. With express processing, the processing time is expedited to one or two business days instead of the standard three. The fee for express processing varies, so make sure to check the latest fees before submitting your application.
Vietnam Evisa Multiple Entry
A Vietnam eVisa is only valid for single entry. If you plan to enter and exit Vietnam multiple times, you will need to apply for a different type of visa, such as the Vietnam Business Visa or Work Visa. These visas allow for multiple entries and longer stays in Vietnam.
Vietnam Evisa Update
The Vietnam Immigration Department regularly updates its policies and requirements regarding visas. It’s essential to check the latest information before submitting your application to avoid any issues or delays. You can contact the Vietnam Embassy or Consulate in your home country for detailed information about visa requirements.
How to Apply for a Vietnam Visa Online from Thailand, Bangkok
To apply for a Vietnam eVisa online from Thailand, Bangkok, you will need to follow these steps:
- Visit the Vietnam Immigration Department website and complete the online application form.
- Upload a scanned copy of your passport (bio page) and a passport-sized photo.
- Pay the visa fee using a credit card or debit card.
- Wait for the visa processing time to receive your electronic visa via email.
Ensure that all the information provided on the application form is accurate and matches the information on your passport. Additionally, check that your passport has at least six months of validity remaining from the date of your planned entry into Vietnam.
In conclusion, obtaining a Vietnam eVisa online is a simple and convenient way to travel to Vietnam for tourism, business, study, visiting relatives, volunteering, or other purposes. Remember to apply well in advance of your trip and double-check all the information provided on your application to avoid any potential issues or delays. With the right preparation, you can enjoy a hassle-free visit to Vietnam.
Vietnam Evisa FAQs
- Is it safe to apply for a Vietnam visa online? Yes, it is safe to apply for a Vietnam eVisa online as long as you use a reputable and secure website. The Vietnam Immigration Department website is the safest and most reliable option.
- How long does it take to obtain a Vietnam visa online? The processing time for a Vietnam eVisa typically takes around three business days. However, it can vary depending on the volume of applications received by the Vietnam Immigration Department.
- Can I extend my Vietnam eVisa while in Vietnam? No, you cannot extend a Vietnam eVisa while in Vietnam. If you need to stay longer than 30 days, you will need to apply for a different type of visa.
- What happens if my Vietnam eVisa application is rejected? If your Vietnam eVisa application is rejected, you will need to apply for a different type of visa or reconsider your travel plans.
- Do I need a Vietnam eVisa if I’m just transiting through Vietnam? If you are transiting through a Vietnamese international airport without entering the country, you do not need a visa. However, if you plan to leave the airport during your layover, you will need to apply for a visa.