Vietnam Visa Extension for United Arab Emirates citizens
United Arab Emirates (UAE) citizens are eligible for a visa exemption to travel to Vietnam for up to 30 days without a visa. This exemption applies to both tourist and business purposes. However, if the duration of stay exceeds 30 days or includes multiple entries, a visa will be required.
Table of Contents
Visa Extension Options
If you are a UAE citizen and your visa is about to expire, you may be able to extend your stay in Vietnam. There are two main options for visa extension:
1. Automatic Visa Extension
In March 2020, Vietnam introduced an automatic visa extension for non-residents who traveled to Vietnam on or after that date. This extension was created to avoid long queues at the immigration offices and is applicable to citizens of many countries, including the United Arab Emirates.
To apply for an automatic visa extension, you will need to meet the following criteria:
- You must have entered Vietnam on or after March 1, 2020.
- Your current visa must be valid for at least 30 days.
- You must have a valid passport with at least six months remaining validity.
If you meet the above criteria, you will not need to take any further action. Your visa will be automatically extended for an additional 30 days.
2. Visa Extension at the Immigration Department
If you do not qualify for an automatic visa extension, you can apply for a visa extension at the Immigration Department of Vietnam. This process is more complex and may involve additional fees. It is advisable to contact the nearest Vietnamese embassy or consulate for precise information and assistance regarding visa extensions in Vietnam.
Requirements for Visa Extension
The specific requirements for a visa extension may vary depending on the type of visa you have and the reason for your extension request. However, some general requirements may include:
- A completed visa extension application form
- Your passport and a copy of your visa
- Two passport-sized photos
- A letter explaining the reason for your extension request
- Proof of financial means (e.g., bank statements)
- Proof of accommodation (e.g., hotel booking or rental agreement)
Processing Time and Fees
The processing time for a visa extension can vary depending on the complexity of your case. In general, you can expect the process to take anywhere from one to two weeks.
The fees for a visa extension will also vary depending on the type of visa you have and the duration of your extension. However, you can expect to pay anywhere from VND100,000 to VND2,000,000 (approximately $4 to $80 USD).
Tips for Visa Extension
Here are some tips for a smooth visa extension process:
- Start the application process early.
- Make sure you have all the required documents.
- Be prepared to pay the application fees.
- Keep copies of all your documents.
- Be polite and respectful to immigration officials.
If you are unsure about any of the visa extension requirements or procedures, it is always best to contact the nearest Vietnamese embassy or consulate for assistance.
Vietnam Embassy in United Arab Emirates (UAE)
Address: Villa 101&102, Street 27, Sector 24, Al Mushrif Area, Abu Dhabi, UAE
The website of The Vietnam Embassy in the United Arab Emirates supplies information of the Embassy of Vietnam in Israel, it is provided for information and service purposes.
Vietnam Visa Extension for United Arab Emirates Citizens with Work Permits
Citizens of the United Arab Emirates (UAE) who are working in Vietnam and require an extension of their visa can follow a streamlined process to extend their stay legally. The visa extension procedure is designed to facilitate the continued employment of foreign nationals in Vietnam, ensuring that businesses can retain their skilled workforce.
Eligibility for Visa Extension
To be eligible for a visa extension, UAE citizens must meet the following criteria:
- Valid Work Permit: The applicant must possess a valid work permit issued by the Vietnamese Department of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs (DOLISA).
- Continued Employment: The applicant must continue to be employed by the same employer as specified in their initial work permit.
- Sponsorship: The employer must sponsor the visa extension application and provide the necessary documentation to support the applicant’s continued employment.
Required Documents for Visa Extension
The application for a visa extension requires the submission of the following documents:
- Completed Visa Extension Form: An official visa extension form must be filled out accurately and legibly.
- Valid Passport: A copy of the applicant’s valid passport, including the biographical page and any visa stamps, is required.
- Original Work Permit: The original work permit or a certified copy must be submitted along with the application.
- Employment Contract: A copy of the employment contract with the sponsoring employer is necessary to demonstrate continued employment.
- Proof of Accommodation: Documentation proving the applicant’s residence in Vietnam, such as a lease agreement or utility bills, is required.
- Two Passport-Sized Photos: Two recent passport-sized photographs of the applicant are needed.
- Visa Extension Fee: The applicable visa extension fee must be paid in accordance with the current regulations.
Application Process and Processing Time
- Application Submission: The visa extension application can be submitted either directly to the local Immigration Department office or through the applicant’s employer.
- Application Review: The Immigration Department will review the submitted documents and may request additional information if necessary.
- Processing Time: The processing time for a visa extension typically takes 1-3 working days.
- Visa Extension Approval: Upon approval, the applicant will receive an extension stamp in their passport, extending their legal stay in Vietnam.
- Application Deadline: It is advisable to apply for the visa extension at least 3-5 working days before the current visa expires to avoid any late penalties.
- Overstay Penalties: Overstaying a visa beyond its expiration date can result in fines and deportation.
- Consultation with Immigration Officials: For any specific inquiries or concerns regarding the visa extension process, it is recommended to consult with the local Immigration Department.
Q&As Vietnam visa extension for United Arab Emirates citizens?
Q: Can I extend my Vietnam visa if I am a citizen of the United Arab Emirates?
A: No, Vietnam e-visas cannot be extended. If you wish to stay in Vietnam for longer than the validity of your visa, you will need to exit the country and re-enter with a new e-visa. However, you should not do this repeatedly, as your entry may be suspected and refused.
Q: How can I apply for a Vietnam e-visa if I am a citizen of the United Arab Emirates?
A: You can apply for a Vietnam e-visa online through the website of the Vietnam Immigration Department. The processing time is usually 1-3 business days.
Q: What are the requirements for applying for a Vietnam e-visa if I am a citizen of the United Arab Emirates?
A: The following are the requirements for applying for a Vietnam e-visa if you are a citizen of the United Arab Emirates:
- A valid passport with at least 6 months remaining validity
- A digital photo of yourself (passport-sized)
- An email address
- A credit card or debit card to pay the visa fee
Q: How much does a Vietnam e-visa cost for citizens of the United Arab Emirates?
A: The visa fee for a single-entry Vietnam e-visa for citizens of the United Arab Emirates is US$25. The fee for a multiple-entry e-visa is US$50.
Q: Where can I get more information about Vietnam visas for citizens of the United Arab Emirates?
A: You can find more information about Vietnam visas for citizens of the United Arab Emirates on the website of the Vietnam Embassy in Abu Dhabi: https://vietnamembassy-uae.org/