Vietnam Visa for Swedish Citizens Requirements, Application Process, Fees
Learn about the Vietnam Visa requirements, application process, fees, and entry/exit requirements for Swedish citizens. Find out how to apply for a Vietnam Visa as a Swedish passport holder and choose between Visa on arrival and Embassy application options.
Table of Contents
Vietnam Visa requirements for Swedish citizens
Swedish citizens traveling to Vietnam need a visa to enter the country. The visa requirements for Swedish citizens include:
- Visa Types: Swedish citizens can apply for either a tourist visa or a business visa, depending on the purpose of their visit.
- Visa Exemption: If you plan to stay in Vietnam for less than 15 days and meet certain conditions (such as not returning within 30 days from your previous visit), you may be eligible for visa exemption. Please check with the Vietnamese embassy or consulate for specific details.
- Visa Application: To obtain a visa, Swedish citizens can apply online for an e-visa or visit the nearest Vietnamese embassy or consulate to apply for a visa in person.
- Required Documents: Generally, you will need the following documents for your visa application:
- Passport: Your passport must be valid for at least six months beyond your intended stay in Vietnam.
- Visa Application Form: You need to complete and sign the visa application form.
- Passport-sized Photos: Prepare two recent passport-sized photos.
- Visa Approval Letter (for some types): If you are applying for a visa on arrival or through an agency, you will need to obtain a visa approval letter before traveling to Vietnam.
- Supporting Documents: Depending on the type of visa, you may need additional documents such as a travel itinerary, proof of accommodation, or a letter of invitation.
- Visa Fee: There is a fee associated with obtaining a visa for Vietnam. The fee amount may vary depending on the type of visa and processing method.
It is important to note that visa requirements can change over time, so it’s recommended to consult the official website of the Embassy of Vietnam in Sweden or contact the nearest Vietnamese embassy or consulate for the most up-to-date information regarding visa requirements and application processes for Swedish citizens.
How to apply for a Vietnam Visa as a Swedish citizen
To apply for a Vietnam visa as a Swedish citizen, follow these steps:
- Determine the type of visa: Decide whether you need a tourist visa or a business visa based on your purpose of travel.
- Choose the application method: You can apply for a Vietnam visa either through the Embassy/Consulate of Vietnam or by applying online for a visa on arrival (VOA).
- Embassy/Consulate application:
- Visit the website of the Embassy/Consulate of Vietnam in Sweden to download the visa application form.
- Complete the form with accurate and relevant information.
- Gather the required documents, usually including your passport, passport-sized photos, visa fee, and possibly additional supporting documents like flight tickets or hotel reservations.
- Submit the application form and all necessary documents to the Embassy/Consulate in person or by mail.
- Pay the visa fee as instructed by the Embassy/Consulate.
- Wait for the processing period, which typically takes a few working days.
- Collect your passport with the visa from the Embassy/Consulate or receive it by mail if you opted for that service.
- Visa on arrival (VOA) application:
- Visit a reputable travel agency or an online platform that provides VOA services for Vietnam.
- Fill out the online application form with accurate details, including your arrival date, entry/exit points, and duration of stay.
- Make an online payment for the visa processing fee as specified by the service provider.
- Receive a visa approval letter via email within a few business days. This letter allows you to board your flight to Vietnam.
- Upon arrival at one of Vietnam’s international airports (Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, Da Nang, or Nha Trang), present your passport, visa approval letter, completed entry/exit form, passport-sized photos, and pay the stamping fee in cash.
- The immigration officer will stamp your passport, and you can enter Vietnam.
Remember to check the specific requirements and procedures with the Embassy/Consulate or the VOA service provider you choose, as they may vary slightly.
Types of Vietnam Visas available for Swedish passport holders
The types of Vietnam visas available for Swedish passport holders include tourist visas, business visas, and diplomatic/official visas.
Processing time for Vietnam Visa for Swedish nationals
The processing time for a Vietnam Visa for Swedish nationals can vary depending on the type of visa and the application method. Generally, it takes around 3 to 5 working days for a standard visa application to be processed. However, expedited processing options are available for an additional fee, which can reduce the processing time to as little as 1 or 2 working days. It’s recommended to check with the nearest Vietnamese embassy or consulate or consult a reliable visa service for the most up-to-date and accurate information regarding processing times.
Vietnam Visa fees for Swedish travelers
The Vietnam visa fees for Swedish travelers vary depending on the type of visa and duration of stay. As of my knowledge cutoff in September 2021, the typical fees were as follows:
- Visa on Arrival: The stamping fee for a single-entry visa was around $25 USD, and for a multiple-entry visa, it ranged from $50 to $95 USD.
- E-Visa: The cost for an e-visa was approximately $25 USD for both single entry and multiple entries, with a maximum stay of 30 days.
Please note that visa fees may have changed since my last update, and it is advisable to check the official website of the Embassy or Consulate of Vietnam for the most up-to-date information regarding visa fees and requirements for Swedish travelers.
Vietnam Visa application form for Swedish applicants
The Vietnam visa application form for Swedish applicants can be obtained from the official website of the Embassy of Vietnam in Sweden or through authorized travel agencies. The form typically requires personal details such as name, date of birth, passport information, purpose of visit, duration of stay, and proposed entry and exit dates. It may also include additional sections for specific types of visas, such as business or tourist visas. Applicants should carefully fill out the form, ensuring accuracy and completeness. After completing the form, it is usually submitted along with the required supporting documents and applicable fees to the nearest Vietnamese embassy or consulate in Sweden for processing.
Vietnam Visa on arrival vs. Embassy application for Swedish citizens
Vietnamese Visa on Arrival is a convenient option for Swedish citizens traveling to Vietnam. It allows you to apply online prior to your trip and obtain the visa upon arrival at one of Vietnam’s international airports. This process eliminates the need to visit the Embassy or Consulate in person.
Benefits of Visa on Arrival:
- Convenience: You can apply online from anywhere, saving time and effort.
- Cost-effective: Visa on Arrival generally has lower processing fees compared to Embassy applications.
- Faster processing: The approval letter for Visa on Arrival is often issued within a few business days.
- Flexibility: You can choose the duration of your stay (up to 90 days) and various types of visas are available. However, there are a few considerations for Visa on Arrival:
- Limited entry points: Visa on Arrival is only applicable for travelers arriving by air at specific international airports in Vietnam.
- Waiting time: After arriving at the airport, you will need to queue up for visa processing, which can take some time.
- Potential complications: In rare cases, issues may arise at the airport if there are discrepancies with your application or supporting documents.
Embassy application, on the other hand, involves visiting the Vietnamese Embassy or Consulate in Sweden to apply for a visa before your trip. Here are key points regarding Embassy application:
- Wider range of entry points: With an Embassy application, you can choose to enter Vietnam via any port of entry including land borders and not limited to airports.
- Direct communication: You can discuss your specific needs and requirements directly with the Embassy staff.
- Confidence in advance: By obtaining the visa before travel, you have certainty about your entry into Vietnam.
However, Embassy applications may have the following drawbacks:
- In-person visit: The process requires visiting the Vietnamese Embassy or Consulate, which can be time-consuming and inconvenient.
- Longer processing time: Embassy applications generally take longer to process compared to Visa on Arrival.
- Higher fees: The Embassy may charge higher fees than the online Visa on Arrival service.
Ultimately, choosing between Vietnam Visa on Arrival and Embassy application depends on your personal preferences, travel plans, and convenience factors.
Documents required for a Vietnam Visa application for Swedes
For a Vietnam visa application, Swedes are generally required to provide the following documents:
- Passport: A valid passport with at least six months of remaining validity from the date of entry into Vietnam.
- Visa application form: Complete and sign the Vietnam visa application form, which can be obtained from the Vietnamese embassy/consulate or online.
- Passport-sized photos: Provide two recent passport-sized photos (4cm x 6cm) taken against a white background.
- Visa approval letter: Obtain a visa approval letter if applying for a visa on arrival. This letter is usually arranged through a travel agency or an online visa service.
- Entry/exit form: Fill out the entry/exit form upon arrival. This form is often provided by the airline or available at the airport.
- Visa fee: Pay the visa fee as required. The fee may vary depending on the type of visa and duration of stay. It is typically payable in cash or by credit card.
- Financial proof: Show evidence of sufficient funds to cover your stay in Vietnam, such as bank statements or a credit card.
- Travel itinerary: Provide a copy of your confirmed flight tickets, including both arrival and departure dates.
- Accommodation details: Submit proof of accommodation arrangements for your stay in Vietnam, such as hotel reservations or an invitation letter from a host.
- Supporting documents: Depending on the purpose of your visit, you may need additional supporting documents, such as an invitation letter for business purposes or a detailed travel itinerary for tourism.
Please note that visa requirements may change, so it’s advisable to check with the nearest Vietnamese embassy/consulate or official visa website for the most up-to-date information before applying.
Validity and duration of stay for Vietnam Visa for Swedish visitors
The validity and duration of stay for a Vietnam Visa for Swedish visitors depend on the type of visa obtained. The most common types are tourist visas and business visas.
- Tourist Visa:
- Validity: Typically valid for 30 days or 90 days from the date of entry.
- Duration of stay: Visitors can stay in Vietnam for up to 30 days or 90 days, depending on the visa type obtained.
- Business Visa:
- Validity: Usually available for 1 month, 3 months, or 6 months.
- Duration of stay: Visitors can stay in Vietnam for the duration specified on their visa, which can range from a few days to several months.
It’s important to note that there are also other types of visas such as work visas, student visas, and diplomatic visas, which have different validity periods and durations of stay. It is recommended to consult with the nearest Vietnamese embassy or consulate or check the official website of the Vietnam Immigration Department for the most up-to-date and accurate information regarding visa requirements and regulations.
Entry and exit requirements for Swedish travelers to Vietnam
Entry and exit requirements for Swedish travelers to Vietnam may include the following:
- Visa: Swedish citizens need a visa to enter Vietnam. They can obtain a visa by applying in advance at the Embassy or Consulate of Vietnam in Sweden or through an online e-visa application system.
- Passport: A valid passport is required, with a minimum validity of six months beyond the planned departure date from Vietnam.
- COVID-19 Restrictions: Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, additional requirements may be in place. These can include providing a negative PCR test result taken within a specific timeframe before departure, undergoing a mandatory quarantine period upon arrival, and having valid health insurance coverage.
- Flight Bookings: It is advisable to have confirmed flight bookings for entry into Vietnam and exit from the country.
- Additional Documentation: Depending on the purpose of travel, visitors may need to provide supporting documents such as hotel reservations, invitation letters, or proof of sufficient funds for their stay.
Please note that entry and exit requirements can change, so it is essential to check with the Embassy or Consulate of Vietnam or consult official government travel advisories for the most up-to-date information before planning your trip.