How To Get Vietnam Visa From UAE
Vietnam is a beautiful Southeast Asian country that offers stunning landscapes, rich cultural heritage, delicious cuisine and friendly locals. Every year, thousands of tourists from the UAE visit Vietnam for holidays, business, or to visit relatives. To enter Vietnam, UAE citizens need to obtain a visa in advance. Here is a complete guide on how to get a Vietnam visa when applying from the UAE.
Table of Contents
Overview of Vietnam Visa Requirements for UAE Citizens
Citizens of the UAE can obtain either a visa on arrival or an e-visa to travel to Vietnam. The validity, duration of stay and cost differs based on the type of visa.
- Visa on Arrival: This allows for a stay of up to 30 days in Vietnam. It costs $25 USD and must be applied for at least 5 working days in advance through an accredited tour agent in Vietnam.
- E-visa: This allows for a stay of up to 30 days in Vietnam. It costs $25 USD and can be obtained via an online application through Vietnam’s Immigration Department website. Approval is given within 3 working days.
Step-by-Step Guide to Getting a Vietnam Visa from the UAE
Option 1: Apply for a Visa on Arrival
- Find a licensed tour agent in Vietnam through search engines or tourism sites. Ask them to assist with your visa on arrival application.
- Send the required documents (passport copy, completed application form, passport photo) to the tour agent via email. Make the visa fee payment.
- The tour agent will submit the application to the Immigration Department of Vietnam on your behalf.
- Once approved, they will send you the visa approval letter via email within 5 working days.
- Bring printed copies of the approval letter when you arrive at the airport in Vietnam. Queue at the Visa on Arrival counter and present your letter to obtain the visa stamp.
Option 2: Apply for an E-Visa
- Go to the official eVisa website of the Vietnam Immigration Department.
- Select “Apply for a Vietnam eVisa” and choose the type of visa you need.
- Fill in the online application form with your details and upload your passport photo.
- Make the visa fee payment securely via credit/debit card or PayPal.
- Check your email for the approval letter, which will arrive within 3 working days.
- Print the approval letter and present it at immigration control when you arrive in Vietnam. The eVisa will be stamped in your passport.
Tips for Getting a Vietnam Visa for UAE Residents
- Only apply through accredited agents or directly through official government channels. Avoid third party websites.
- Make sure your passport is valid for at least 6 months from the date of arrival in Vietnam. You’ll be denied entry if it’s expiring soon.
- Get visa photos taken according to the specifications given by the Vietnam Immigration Department. passport style, white background, etc.
- Pay attention to the “duration of stay” on your visa. Overstaying your visa leads to heavy fines.
- Keep digital and print copies of your visa approval letter when traveling to Vietnam.
- Check if you qualify for visa exemptions based on your purpose of visit. Some exemptions allow up to 15 days stay.
- Be wary of visa agents who make grand promises. Stick to reputable companies for your application.
- Apply well in advance, at least 10-14 days before your date of travel. Last-minute approvals are never guaranteed.
Vietnam Visa Requirements for UAE Residents
Vietnam has specific visa requirements that UAE residents must meet in order to be granted entry into the country. Here are some of the key requirements to keep in mind:
- Valid UAE Residence Visa: To apply for a Vietnam visa, you must have a valid UAE residence visa in your passport. Your stay should be legal in the UAE.
- Passport Validity: Your passport must be valid for a minimum of 6 months from the date of arrival in Vietnam. Passports expiring in under 6 months will be denied.
- Return Ticket: You need to show proof of a return or onward ticket out of Vietnam. This is mandatory.
- Sufficient Funds: Be ready to show proof you have sufficient funds to cover your stay in Vietnam. The amount may vary for different applicants.
- Visa Photos: Standard passport-style photographs with a white background are required for the visa application. Digitally alter photos are not accepted.
- Visa Approval Letter: For visa on arrival or eVisa, a printed copy of the official approval letter must be presented upon arrival in Vietnam.
- Purpose of Visit: Your purpose of visit to Vietnam needs to be clearly stated in the visa application under tourism, business, visiting family, etc.
- Accurate Information: All information on the visa application must be true and accurate. Any false declarations can lead to a visa denial or cancellation.
How Long Does It Take to Get a Vietnam Visa in the UAE?
- Visa on Arrival: Takes around 5-7 working days to receive the approval letter once the accredited agent submits the application to the immigration authorities on your behalf.
- E-Visa: Takes around 2-3 working days to receive the approval letter via email once you complete the online application and payment.
- Visa at Embassy: Takes around 4-6 business days to obtain the stamped visa if you apply directly at the Vietnam embassy in Abu Dhabi or the consulate office in Dubai.
So in total, you must account for at least 1-2 weeks of processing time when applying for a Vietnam visa while residing in the UAE, especially if you choose the visa on arrival route. Apply well in advance of your departure date to avoid last-minute delays or complications.
How to Choose Between Vietnam Visa on Arrival vs E-Visa from UAE
Here is a comparison between getting a visa on arrival versus an eVisa when applying for a Vietnam visa as a UAE resident:
Vietnam Visa on Arrival
- Must apply via a licensed tour agent in Vietnam
- Approval letter received in 5-7 working days
- Allows 30 days stay
- Single entry visa
- Must have arrival flight details
- Get a visa at the airport on landing
- Apply directly online through the official website
- Approval letter received in 2-3 working days
- Allows 30 days stay
- Single entry visa
- No arrival flight details needed
- Get your visa stamped at the airport immigration
The main advantages of eVisa are that it is more convenient to apply online directly, approval is faster, and you don’t need confirmed flight reservation details. Visa on arrival involves liaising with an agent and takes longer to process. However, some travelers may prefer having an agent handle the application process for them. For UAE residents, eVisa is preferable unless you have specific reasons to go with visa on arrival.
Common Reasons for Vietnam Visa Rejection for UAE Citizens
Some of the reasons why UAE citizens sometimes face Vietnam visa rejections include:
- Expired or invalid passport – Your passport must have 6 months of validity beyond the arrival date.
- Incorrect or misleading information on application – All details submitted must be true. Fake details lead to rejections.
- Criminal record or overstay in Vietnam – These raise red flags to immigration officials.
- Unclear purpose of visit – The reason for the visit must be clearly stated and justified if asked.
- Insufficient funds – Proof of funds to cover the entire stay may be requested during visa screening.
- Frequent or extended travel to Vietnam – This makes immigration officials suspicious ofresidential intent.
- Failure to provide requested documents – Supporting docs must be submitted when asked for.
- Denied Electronic Travel Authorization – UAE residents need ETA clearance for Vietnam.
- Unapproved visa agent – Always use accredited agents. Scam agents lead to rejections.
To avoid rejections, UAE residents must be mindful of Vietnam’s visa rules, use only approved channels, and provide accurate supporting documents.
Vietnam Visa FAQs
Q1: Do UAE residents need a visa to visit Vietnam?
Yes, UAE passport holders must obtain a visa before traveling to Vietnam. The options are visa on arrival, eVisa or visa from the Vietnam embassy. No visa is issued on arrival unless you have prior approval.
Q2: How long before travel should I apply for a Vietnam visa from UAE?
It is recommended to apply at least 2-3 weeks in advance for a Vietnam visa when residing in the UAE. Processing can take 5-7 days for visa on arrival or 2-3 days for eVisa. Apply well before departure to avoid last-minute delays.
Q3: Can I get a visa on arrival without prior approval?
No, you cannot just obtain a visa when you arrive in Vietnam. Pre-approved visa on arrival or eVisa is mandatory. An approval letter must be shown on landing to get the visa stamped.
Q4: Is Vietnam eVisa multiple entry or single?
The Vietnam e-Visa allows only a single entry into Vietnam. UAE residents get 30 30-day stay with this single-entry eVisa obtained online.
Q5: What documents do I need from the UAE for a Vietnam tourist visa?
You’ll need a UAE residence visa copy, passport copy, Vietnam visa application form, passport photos, flight booking, and hotel booking in Vietnam to meet tourist visa requirements from the UAE.