Vietnam Visa Requirements for United Arab Emirates citizens
According to Vietnam Government’s Rule, United Arab Emirates passport holders are required a Vietnam Visa when entering Vietnam. So what are Vietnam Visa Requirements for United Arab Emirates citizens?
Table of Contents
Do United Arab Emirates citizens need a visa to visit Vietnam?
No, United Arab Emirates citizens do not need a visa to visit Vietnam for stays of up to 30 days. This is because of a visa exemption agreement between the two countries. To enter Vietnam, UAE citizens will need to present a valid passport with at least six months validity and a return ticket or onward travel ticket. They may also be asked to show proof of accommodation and sufficient funds for their stay. Upon arrival in Vietnam, UAE citizens will be issued a visa exemption stamp that is valid for 30 days. If they wish to stay longer, they can apply for a visa extension at the Immigration Department in Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh City.
Stamping Vietnam Visa at Vietnam International Airport
You can apply for a Visa online if you live far away from the Vietnam Embassy and do not want to lose the documents (passport, money, or documents) by postal mail or traffic jam once visiting Vietnam Embassy. This is a way that you let a visa agent apply Vietnam Visa Online for you. The only thing you have to do is picking up your visa at one of Vietnam International Airports.
Are not a United Arab Emirates passport holders but live in this country? Do not worry, because applying for the visa online – Visa On Arrival – allows you to obtain in a third country.
Stamping Vietnam Visa at Vietnam International Airport is only effective when you apply for Visa on Arrival. After having the approval letter, travelers can stamp visa at one of Vietnam international airport gates which they land.
Ports of entry that permit the use of a Vietnam visa on arrival for UAE citizens
Visa on Arrival (VOA) is a convenient option for UAE citizens traveling to Vietnam for tourism or business purposes. It allows them to obtain a visa upon arrival at select designated ports of entry in Vietnam. This eliminates the need to apply for a visa in advance, saving time and effort.
Eligible Ports of Entry:
UAE citizens can utilize the VOA facility at the following international airports in Vietnam:
- Tan Son Nhat International Airport (Ho Chi Minh City)
- Noi Bai International Airport (Hanoi)
- Danang International Airport (Da Nang)
- Cat Bi International Airport (Hai Phong)
- Cam Ranh International Airport (Nha Trang)
- Phu Quoc International Airport (Phu Quoc)
- Can Tho International Airport (Can Tho)
To obtain a VOA at these designated ports, UAE citizens must fulfill the following requirements:
- Valid UAE passport with at least six months remaining validity
- Completed visa application form
- Passport-sized photograph
- VOA stamping fee in cash (USD25 for 30-day single entry, USD50 for 30-day multiple entry)
- Evidence of return or onward travel ticket
- Proof of accommodation in Vietnam
The VOA application process is relatively straightforward:
- Upon arrival at the designated port of entry, proceed to the Visa on Arrival counter.
- Submit the required documents and pay the stamping fee.
- Collect your passport with the stamped visa.
Validity and Duration:
The VOA granted to UAE citizens is valid for either a single or multiple entry, with a maximum stay of 30 days.
Vietnam Visa Requirements for United Arab Emirates citizens – Work Permit
United Arab Emirates (UAE) citizens who wish to work in Vietnam must obtain a work permit and a visa. The work permit is the official authorization to work in Vietnam, while the visa is the document that allows UAE citizens to enter Vietnam.
Work Permit Requirements
To obtain a work permit, UAE citizens must meet the following requirements:
- A valid passport with at least six months validity remaining
- A copy of the UAE visa
- A completed work permit application form
- A recent passport-sized photograph
- A copy of the highest educational qualification
- A copy of the employment contract with the Vietnamese company
- A certificate of good health from a designated medical facility
- A proof of accommodation in Vietnam
- A letter of invitation from the Vietnamese company
- A processing fee
In addition to the work permit requirements, UAE citizens must also obtain a visa to enter Vietnam. There are two types of visas available to UAE citizens:
- Single entry visa: This visa allows UAE citizens to enter Vietnam once for a stay of up to 30 days.
- Multiple entry visa: This visa allows UAE citizens to enter Vietnam multiple times for a stay of up to 30 days per entry.
Visa Application Process
UAE citizens can apply for a visa online or at the Vietnamese embassy in the UAE. The visa application process is as follows:
- Complete the visa application form.
- Submit the required documents.
- Pay the visa fee.
- Receive the visa.
The processing time for a Vietnam visa for UAE citizens is typically 3 to 5 working days.
For more information on Vietnam visa requirements for UAE citizens, please visit the website of the Vietnamese embassy in the UAE.
Vietnam visa extension for United Arab Emirates citizens
Citizens of the United Arab Emirates are eligible for a visa exemption when visiting Vietnam for up to 30 days for tourism or business purposes. However, if you wish to stay in Vietnam for longer than 30 days, you will need to apply for a visa extension.
Types of Visa Extensions
There are two types of visa extensions available for United Arab Emirates citizens:
- Single entry visa extension: This type of extension allows you to stay in Vietnam for an additional 30 days beyond your initial 30-day visa period.
- Multiple entry visa extension: This type of extension allows you to enter and exit Vietnam multiple times during a 12-month period. The total duration of your stay in Vietnam cannot exceed 90 days in a 12-month period.
To apply for a visa extension, you will need to submit the following documents to the Immigration Department of Vietnam:
- A completed visa extension application form
- A copy of your passport
- Two passport-size photographs
- A copy of your visa
- A copy of your airline ticket
- A letter of explanation stating your reason for requesting a visa extension
- A processing fee
The processing time for a visa extension is typically 3-5 business days. However, it is advisable to apply for your extension at least 7 days before your current visa expires.
- You can apply for a visa extension at any Immigration Department in Vietnam.
- You may also be able to apply for a visa extension online through the website of the Vietnam Immigration Department.
- If you are applying for a visa extension at an Immigration Department, you will need to pay a processing fee in cash.
- If you are applying for a visa extension online, you will need to pay a processing fee using a credit card.
- Once your visa extension has been approved, you will be issued with a new visa stamp.
- It is important to keep your visa extension stamp with you at all times, as you may be asked to show it to immigration officials.