Vietnam eVisa Everything You Need to Know
Vietnam is a beautiful and diverse country that attracts millions of tourists every year. Many visitors choose to apply for a Vietnam eVisa to visit, which allows you to enter and travel around Vietnam for up to 30 days. In this comprehensive guide, we’ll walk you through everything you need to know about getting a Vietnam eVisa, from application requirements to extension options and more.
Table of Contents
Applying for a Vietnam eVisa is a quick and easy online process that can be completed in just a few simple steps:
- Go to the official Vietnam eVisa website. This is the only authorized website for processing eVisa applications. Avoid third party sites which may charge extra fees.
- Select your nationality. This allows the application form to load the correct requirements based on your citizenship.
- Choose your port of arrival. Pick which international airport or land border crossing you’ll be entering Vietnam through.
- Enter your personal details. You’ll need to provide info like your full name, date of birth, passport details, occupation, etc.
- Upload supporting documents. Required documents are a scanned copy of your passport and a passport-style photo. Make sure they are good quality and in the proper file formats.
- Pay visa fees. Fees are $25 for single entry and $50 for multiple entry. Payment can be made securely by credit card.
- Submit your application. Carefully review all entered information before submitting. Processing typically takes 1-3 business days.
- Receive approval letter. If approved, you’ll get an official Approval Letter emailed to you. Print multiple copies to carry with you.
Following these steps correctly ensures you have the proper Vietnam eVisa documentation for travel. Check requirements closely for your nationality.
Vietnam eVisa Requirements: What Documents Do You Need?
When applying for a Vietnam eVisa, you’ll need to have the following documents ready to provide:
- Valid passport: Must have at least 6 months validity remaining and at least 2 blank pages. Scanned copy is required for application.
- Passport photo: Recently taken biometric-style photo with white background. Should be uploaded as a JPEG or PNG file.
- Payment: Major credit and debit cards accepted. Visa fees are $25 (single entry) or $50 (multiple entry).
- Return travel booked: Proof of a return or onward flight out of Vietnam required as part of application.
- Additional documents for certain nationalities: Citizens of some countries like the US need extra documents like an approval letter from their local Vietnamese consulate.
Meeting all Vietnam eVisa requirements is essential for a smooth application process. Failure to provide necessary documents is the most common reason for delays or rejection. Double check the official requirements for your nationality before applying.
How Long Does It Take to Get a Vietnam e-Visa?
Most Vietnam eVisa applications are processed within 1-3 business days after successful submission. Here is the general timeline:
- Day 1: Application submitted with all required documents. Status changes to “Pending.”
- Day 1-3: Application reviewed by immigration authorities. Most are approved within 48 business hours.
- Day 3-5: If approved, your Approval Letter is emailed to you. Downloading and printing takes 1-2 days.
- Day 5-7: Rejected applications are notified to resubmit corrected documents. This adds 3+ days.
- Day 7-14: Some applications require additional administrative processing that extends the wait to up to 14 business days.
- Day 14+: Contact support if your application has been pending for longer than 14 days to check status.
Once you receive your Approval Letter, be sure to print multiple copies to carry with you to present upon arrival in Vietnam along with your passport.
Vietnam eVisa Cost: How Much Should You Expect to Pay?
Vietnam eVisa fees are paid during the online application process by credit card. Here are the current costs:
- Single entry eVisa: $25 USD
- Multiple entry eVisa: $50 USD
- eVisa on arrival: $25 USD
- Regular visa on arrival: $25-50 USD depending on nationality
- Express processing: +$30 USD (reduces wait to 1-2 days)
- Paper visa: $80-135 USD from an embassy/consulate
Avoid sites that charge much higher processing or service fees above the official government rates. Total fees are clearly displayed before submitting a Vietnam eVisa application.
Vietnam eVisa vs. Visa on Arrival: Which Is Better?
Should you apply for a Vietnam eVisa online in advance or get a visa on arrival when you land in Vietnam? Here’s a comparison:
- Can be obtained 4-7 days in advance
- Quick and simple online application process
- Approved eVisa letter required at entry
- Available for citizens of 80+ countries
- Single entry ($25) and multiple entry ($50) options
- Can be used at 28 international ports of entry
Visa on Arrival
- Issued when you arrive in Vietnam
- Must have passport photo ready
- Takes 30-60 minutes at the airport
- For citizens of 40+ countries
- Single entry only
- Costs $25-50 depending on nationality
- Only available at 6 international airports
For most travelers, a Vietnam eVisa is the better choice thanks to the ability to apply in advance online, lower cost for multiple entry, and wider eligibility among nationalities. Arriving with an approved eVisa speeds your entry process.
Common Mistakes to Avoid When Applying for a Vietnam eVisa
Vietnam eVisa applications are most often rejected or delayed because of simple mistakes. Avoid these common errors:
- Typos or incorrect data on the application form
- Uploading low quality or blurry passport photo
- Submitting scan of an expired passport
- Failing to pay complete visa fees
- Not having confirmed return/onward travel booked
- Applying too close to departure date
- Using unofficial third-party websites instead of official site
Double-checking all entered information for accuracy and completeness ensures the smoothest Vietnam eVisa application process. Be sure to use the official website and follow all photo requirements as well.
Vietnam eVisa Extension: Can You Extend Your Stay in Vietnam?
Vietnam eVisas are initially valid for single stays of up to 30 days from your date of entry. However it is possible to extend your eVisa to prolong your time in Vietnam through an extension application process.
Here are some key points about Vietnam eVisa extensions:
- Extensions allow an extra stay of up to 30 days beyond the original validity.
- A maximum of two back-to-back extensions are allowed.
- Extension applications must be submitted at least 5 days before expiration.
- Processing takes 3-5 business days and costs an extra $25 fee.
- Extensions can only be processed within Vietnam at local immigration offices.
- Not all entry ports handle extension requests, so check the location.
- Proof of accommodation for extension duration is required.
With proper planning ahead, eVisa extensions provide a convenient way to extend your Vietnamese adventures by up.
Tips for getting an emergency Vietnam e-Visa from the UAE:
- Apply as soon as possible. The processing time for emergency eVisas is typically 24-48 hours, but it can be longer depending on the volume of applications. It’s best to apply at least 3 days before your flight to Vietnam.
- Use a reputable Evisa agency. There are many companies that offer emergency visa services, but not all of them are reliable. Be sure to choose a company that has a good reputation and has been in business for several years.
- Have all of your required documents ready. When you apply for an emergency eVisa, you will need to submit the following documents:
- A copy of your passport bio page
- A digital passport-sized photo
- Proof of onward travel (e.g., a flight ticket or bus ticket)
- Proof of accommodation (e.g., a hotel reservation)
- A processing fee
- Pay the express processing fee. Emergency eVisas typically have a higher processing fee than regular eVisas. This is because the visa agency is working to get your visa processed as quickly as possible.
- Be patient. Even though you are applying for an emergency eVisa, it is still important to be patient. The visa agency may need to contact you to request additional information or to verify your documents.
Here are some additional tips to help your emergency eVisa application go as smoothly as possible:
- Make sure that all of the information on your visa application is accurate and complete.
- Double-check your passport to make sure that it is valid for at least 6 months after your planned date of entry into Vietnam.
- Upload a clear and recent passport-sized photo.
- Make sure that your proof of onward travel and accommodation are valid for the dates of your trip.
- Pay the processing fee in full before submitting your application.
- Monitor your email regularly for updates on your application status.
If you have any questions or concerns about getting an emergency Vietnam e-Visa from the UAE, please contact the visa agency directly.
For more details about Vietnam e-Visa, please contact us through:
- VN Phone: (+84) 982 87 97 18
- WhatsApp: (+84) 968 18 77 18
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fanpage: facebook.com/visaonlinevietnamcom